Use Your Mind to Gain Confidence Around Other People
"Confidence is the magical key that opens the door to many of life’s goals, be it happiness within yourself, meeting a new partner or new friends, or securing that new exciting job."
Self-confidence and self-esteem work hand in hand and can determine what you achieve in life, because they are basically a self-assessment of your worth.
The important thing to remember is :
1. That every person that has ever been born, was born equal; irrelevant of sex, race, physical ability or appearance; the key to success is confidence, and this is something that is learnt, and it is never too late to learn.
2. We are all born free and with our own unique personalities but from a very young age the environment we are brought up in and people that influence us can shape our personalities and the expectations we have of ourselves.
3. This can have a positive impact that enables us to realise we can achieve anything we set our minds to, and it can also have a negative impact that leaves us doubting our capabilities or our self-worth, however, it is the inner self that needs nurturing and change comes from within yourself.
4. You do not need to change who you are, you need to change the way you think of yourself and start appreciating the miracle that you are.
5. According to psychologists it takes only 7 seconds to form a first impression. When meeting new people and we all form opinions, but as we are aware, people are not always as they first appear.
6. Each one of us, no matter how we come across, suffer our own battles and insecurities, and that is what makes us human.
7. People do not judge others on their thoughts, they judge them on their actions, and you never get a second chance to make a good first impression, so try something new.
8. Start by appreciating yourself. You are worth your own time; spend some time on yourself; life is always busy, but wake up twenty minutes earlier, take a shower or bath, style your hair or take a shave, and then, at that time, hold your head high, and your back straight and pass a mirror and smile at yourself with the same kind smile you would give someone else that you love dearly, and do this every day.
9. Dress smartly and take pride in yourself, you are worth it. Next time you go to buy some new clothes, try something completely out of your comfort zone; only you and the changing room walls will know. You don’t have to like it, but you may be pleasantly surprised.
10. Some people are blessings and other people are lessons; it is not an evaluation of ourselves when someone doesn’t like us or something we say, it is life. Accept it and move on, do not let people affect your inner self as they once did, because you are worth more, and will no longer be pulled down by people because there are billions of people in this world and the only people worth your time are the ones that make you feel happy to be who you are and appreciate you for being you.
11. Don’t feel as though because you want more confidence that you have to feel it inside. It is hard work to be happy all the time, but if you fake it you will make it and your inner self will believe it too.
12. So the next time you meet someone new, even a stranger passing in the street, gain eye contact and smile at them, hold your posture, put your shoulders back and hold your head held high, an extra inch really can make you feel more confident. When in a new situation try to make conversation. Sometimes it is easier to talk about the weather or what brings you both to the same place, perhaps a meeting or mutual friend.
If you like something about someone, perhaps their outfit or fragrance, tell them. It’s an easy way to make conversation and it makes everyone feel good being nice, but don’t make a compliment up, it should be genuine, and when you speak, look at the person you are speaking to and try to talk slightly louder than usual.
13. If you are the person that would usually enter a meeting or function room and sit at the back, try sitting on the front row for a change.
Try something different and you will see change and it will be the change you want to see.
Forget what has been. Every day is a new day; let go of negativity and believe in yourself. You can achieve anything you put your mind to and you are a miracle so take a deep breath and smile.