"Improving Performance and Wellbeing by helping your students and staff peform at their optimum ability to achieve the best results they can"
Tracy Birch, Affinity Therapy and Coaching
Despite BEST efforts in schools, here are some current eye-watering statistics:
- OVER HALF of teachers (52%) say that they have seriously considered leaving their current job in the last 12 months and nearly half (47%) have seriously considered leaving the profession;
- Two fifths of teachers (41%) say their job satisfaction has decreased in the last 12 months;
- Teachers’ biggest concern regarding their job is workload (79%), followed by pay and pensions (66%), changes or reforms in the curriculum (59%) and school inspections (51%). The vast majority of teachers (86%) say that their workload has increased in the last 12 months;
- The majority of teachers disagree that teaching is competitive with other occupations in terms of either the financial rewards on offer (80%) or salaries (67%) and only 21% of teachers feel optimistic about their career opportunities;
- The top three things teachers love most about their jobs are seeing children learn and progress (91%), interacting with pupils (90%) and making a positive difference (83%). (Source)
- Research by the Association of Teachers and Lecturers (ATL) found that 55% of teachers said work pressure is having a detrimental effect on their mental wellbeing.
- Research conducted in April 2014 by ComRes, surveying 2002 adults, of whom 1548 are parents and 933 have children under 25.
- Communicating & relationships.
- Health & wellbeing.
- School & education Common concerns. Adolescent bullying. School & education overview. Truancy. Your child bullying School issues. Relationship with school. Choosing a school. Homework. Moving schools. Parent-teacher interviews: primary.
HOW AFFINITY THERAPY AND COACHING CAN HELP YOUR SCHOOL WELL-BEING
CLICK HERE to see our courses suited to pupils development age and abilities. All have been designed using therapeautic and pre-interventions from Neuroscience and Psychotherapy.
CLICK HERE to see courses and workshops specifically to help and support teaching staff and school support staff